About this search
- ON IT
People on this search:
Information in medicine
Finds on this search are hidden
Since oct 2014 these new rules got into effect
1. All prescriptions must be handwritten. They can be computer generated, but must have the physician’s original hand written signature. Faxed or telephoned prescriptions are not valid.
2. No refills will be allowed on the prescriptions.
3. As for other CIIs, it is permissible to write 3 separate prescriptions. The proper procedure is to date the
prescription the day that you are actually writing it, then notate “Do not fill until_______ for the other 2 prescriptions. Please note that if you specify “do not fill for 30 days”, we will not fill the next prescription for exactly 30 days after the date written and the patient may run out exactly on that day.
4. Prescriptions expire 90 days after the date written.
5. Prescriptions are limited to a 30 day supply in the state of Illinois.
6. Medicaid prescriptions must be written on tamper resistant paper (would be a good idea for all CIIs)
7. Nurse practitioners and physicians are allowed to write for oral and transdermal CIIs under the protocol
of the physician. Refer to the Controlled Substance Act for more information.
8. CIIs can be faxed in to the pharmacy, but the original handwritten script must be presented prior to pick
up by the patient.
9. Emergency phone in prescriptions are allowed but with several stipulations:
-the emergency supply is limited to 7 days
-the covering prescription must be postmarked or delivered to the pharmacy to cover the emergency fill within 7 days.
10. Partial fills are permissible but will invalidate the remainder of the prescription.
11. Prescriptions for nursing home or hospice patients may be faxed to the pharmacy without follow up
with a written prescription. For hospice patients, you must indicate “Hospice Patient” on the prescription.
12. Please note that all current prescriptions that have refills will become invalid on October 5th due to this scheduling change.
Hope this information was helpful let me know in the chat room if you need anymore help
Struggling to find what you need online?With Digle, people search for you whatever you need. Just relax, create a Digle search and our finders will do the work for you!
Too busy to search? Tired of constantly comparing prices? Don’t want the hassle of trawling through result pages? Try Digle.
Search created successfully
- Your search is being distributed to the best Finders on Digle.
- You'll get notified as soon as people start to work on it and submit Finds.
- To achieve the best results, please rate each find and pay attention to the questions from finders in your search chatroom.
- Select a winner and enjoy your find.
Search saved successfully
Search deleted successfully
Sending your search
Request a new search
Be precise as possible to get the best results
Add a New Category
New category name:
Choose the parent category:
Select a category...